The world over, businesses and homes get affected the most whenever there is insufficient electricity supply. The Empowering Economies Initiative is a demand-driven initiative designed to power up more businesses through the provision of clean energy.
Just as we have done in Sabon Gari Market in Kano state and Ariaria Market in Abia state, we are live in Lagos to plug-in the popular Sura Ultra-modern Market today, the 26th of October, 2018.
Sura Shopping Complex is plugged-in as an IPP Electrification Project. The Vice President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo would be there to commission this vital project.
Join us for live updates and via @RealREANigeria with the hashtag #SuraIPP.
Launched in August 2016, the #REAMasterplan is being fully driven to provide access to clean and sustainable electricity to millions of Nigerians by the year 2020.
The masterplan comes with an Off-Grid Electrification Strategy designed to:
1. Develop a data-driven off-grid model for Nigeria that will become an exemplar for Sub Saharan Africa.
2. Promote the use of decentralized energy solutions to power households, communities & businesses.
3. Develop 10,000 mini-grids by 2023 which will provide power to 14% of the population.
4. Provide reliable power supply for 250,000 SMEs.
5. Provide uninterrupted power supply in Federal Universities and University Teaching Hospitals.
6. Deploy 5 million solar standalone systems for residential and SMEs by 2023.
7. Supports FGN’s climate change obligations under the Paris Agreement, with respect to promoting renewable and reducing carbon emissions
Energizing Economies Initiative: WIth the Energizing Economies Initiative, a strategic partnership between the Federal Government and the Rural Electrification Agency (REA), 3 pilot projects already kicked-off to electrify 50, 000 shops in:
1. Sabon Gari Market (Kano State).
2. Ariaria Market (Abia State).
3. Sur Shopping Complex (Lagos State).