The goals of the REUCS initiative are to create a forum and a platform that will achieve the following:
- To promote community participation in rural electrification projects through training on ownership, operation, maintenance and safety of facility (where applicable)
- Enable community members to learn about productive usage of electricity as well as educate members on energy conservation and efficiency
- Ensure community members work together to protect electricity equipment against theft and vandalization
- To partner with Electricity Distribution Companies and Independent Power Producers (IPPs) in their localities for the provision of electricity at an affordable price.
- Ensure prompt payment of electricity bills by members and also through the cooperative society (where applicable)
- Encourage all relevant stakeholders to work together to solve community electricity related problems