REA is the implementing agency of the Federal Government driving great #renewableenergy initiatives in Nigeria.
Across the world, there is an ongoing paradigm shift in power generation from centralized to decentralized power supply. It’s great that we are following up in Nigeria.
The #EnergizingEducationProgramme is one of such initiatives, designed to provide clean, safe & reliable energy to Federal Universities & Teaching Hospitals across Nigeria.
The commissioning of Alex Ekwueme Federal University, Ndufu Alike-Ikwo (FUNAI) is the first project to be commissioned under the EEP.
FUNAI will now enjoy:
– Clean, safe & reliable power supply 24/7 from a solar hybrid power plant with a total installed capacity of 2.8MW.
– An environment free from generator noise and carbon dioxide emission.
– Academic growth & uninterrupted power for 7,700 students & 1,819 staff members of the university.
-streetlights to enhance security within the university campus
– a world class workshop/training Centre to train students in renewable technology
– Girl-child empowerment through the REA STEM internship which currently enrols 20 female students in the university, and a total of 180 students selected across 9 universities; 20 per university.
….And guess what? This is only phase one, kicking off with nine universities & one teaching hospital. More to come!